Pondering about which vacuum cleaner should I buy doesn’t always lead to an obvious easy choice. A good vacuum cleaner is a perfect investment in comfort and confidence in your home to suit your lifestyle. Despite making your floor cleaning work easy, vacuums could bore you in a way given the irritating noise made by some and the bulkiness which makes it torturous to carry them around the house while utilizing them. The advancement in technology, however has led to availability of many vacuums in different sizes, shapes, utility convenience and prices, so many that one has a pool of choices to make. A guide would come in handy to aid your decision making, of course.
What Do I Consider In a Suitable Vacuum Cleaner?
There are many actually hundreds of different types and brands of vacuum cleaners in the market. Trying to narrow down to a perfect choice that would suit one’s exact needs and preferences could prove tricky as they come in different sizes, shapes and prices. Here are some of the things you should consider when you want to buy a vacuum cleaner, whether as a replacement or for the first time:
A good vacuum must be effective in that its ability to pick even the most hidden debris, no matter how tiny they are. These could include tiny hair strands among other things.
· Easy To Use
A good vacuum should be one that would not require much of your physical effort while utilizing it. It should be easy to operate and not so heavy to carry. It should be conveniently made for the particular type of cleaning that I want to use it for.
You should be sure of the durability of the vacuum cleaner you choose as this should be a measure of its value in terms of making its price acceptable. It should have a clear warranty which guarantees its durability and shows for how long it’s expected to serve you.
The price should not be a bother as one goes for what they can afford. It is however, important to survey the various price options as you could get a very expensive vacuum, which is neither durable nor effective. On the other hand, you could get a not so expensive one that is just as effective and durable as the high end options in the market.
It is important to note that the market also has less repair prone models of vacuum cleaners.
Consider Different Types of Vacuum Cleaner
There are different types of vacuum made for convenience purposes and to serve the users preferences. Some are designed with cords for plugging-in while using while others are made without cords. Some are designed light enough to be held by the hand (one hand) while cleaning and others are designed as robots.
· Cordless Vacuum Cleaners are suitable if your floor is not so big, that is, the house is relatively smaller. This is because they use a rechargeable battery. Using them in a big house could be inconveniencing since the battery may not be having enough charge to complete the task. Here is an example of a cordless vacuum is: Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum. Price $268.35 on Amazon at time of posting. There exist other cheaper versions on Amazon if you would prefer a lower cost version. For instance, the Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner which goes at a cost of $109.00 by the time of posting.
· Plug-in/Stick Vacuum Cleaners are ideal for large houses as the work involved in cleaning is a lot. They eliminate the inconvenience of having to recharge batteries several times before the task is complete. In my list of which vacuum cleaner should I buy, I would include plug-ins too for consideration. Check out them on Amazon.
· Handheld Vacuum Cleaners are as small as a hand could carry and they come in handy for small cleaning tasks. You may look at them as complementary to the larger vacuum cleaners where small tasks are involved. There are also handheld vacuums ideal for use inside cars. Price between $53.49 and $60.00. They are available on Amazon.
· Robots are much more expensive and only ideal if you have the money. They are very effective and will save you from the need of vacuuming every now and then. They’re also available on Amazon.
Vacuum Cleaner that Can Trap Particles Effectively
Apart from the types of vacuum cleaners available in the market, one would want to consider health factors. Some vacuum cleaners may not effectively pick up. You may go for specific models of vacuums designed to suck smoke, dust and other allergy agents, or look out for vacuum cleaners that come with HEPA filters. The HEPA, High Efficiency Particulate Air filter can pick almost 100% of particles in the air hence ideal if you are asthmatic. You may need to make a choice between bagged and bagless vacuums.
· Bagged Vacuums trap particles so tightly and do not allow them to be released into the air during disposal. A properly sealed bagged vacuum is good for trapping allergens. The price ranges between $399.00- $920.00. However, the bags need to be regularly replaced.
· Bagless Vacuums come with translucent dust compartments and they are way much a cheaper option. One would go for a price of between; $45.00-$50.00. Here you have two options, bagged or bagless vacuums, based on price.
Which Vacuum Cleaner Will Not Damage My Floors?
Almost every good vacuum cleaner is friendly to your floor, whether it is wooden or made of tiles. Vacuum cleaners are made with wheels of rubber which act as a “buffer” that shields the floor from scratching. Not forgetting that the impact between the vacuum cleaner and the floor is not that big enough to scratch an average floor which is strong enough to withstand.
In conclusion on which vacuum cleaner should I buy I would consider the prices and the various models available in the market. The price may not be a problem if the vacuum is durable, effective and convenient for the type of cleaning I want to do. A good vacuum cleaner will always be available in the market, whether cheap or high-end.