There will be times when you’re going to need more than a broom or vacuum to clean your hardwood floor properly. Steam mop is the best possible way to steam away footprints, stains, smears, and even the most persistent dirt from your hardwood floors. In this article, we are going to review 3 of the best steam mops for use with hardwood floors. The choices include Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940, Shark Steam Pocket Mop and LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop. All items are available in Amazon.
Continue reading in order to find the best steam mop for you:
It is the #1 steam mop at Amazon. What’s the reason for this popularity? In short this is a simple, versatile and reliable steam mop at an affordable price. The unit is also intelligently designed and features convenient mop pads, with all-around fit and stretch attachment.
- Features 3 levels of steam control, from light spot cleaning to intense steam blasting.
- The PowerFresh includes a flip-down Easy-Scrubber brush for tough spots.
- Have two machine washable mop pads, made from soft microfiber. One is for everyday cleaning, the other is for the intense stuffs.
- The pads are treated with anti-microbial chemicals, to prevent any bacteria growth on the pads themselves.
- Removable water tank, that stores enough water to get through an individual session.
- At deep cleaning mode, produces more water that takes longer time to dry.
- Some customers had concerned earlier that the cap had burst or split in half, but Bissell has issued new caps since.
This one comes with an extra-large mop head, super-sized boiler tank, two double-sided mop pads, and a whole lot of smart features. It offers a lot of bang for your bucks!
- Comes with a nice, wide mop head that takes the shape of a large, 12” rectangle for wide coverage.
- You can clean with both sides of the pads.
- The pads are cushioned and highly absorbent. They’re meant to last for 20 wash cycles.
- Quick operation, with 15 seconds on normal steam, and almost instantly on full blast.
- You can use the adjustable settings to handle different types of wood floors in your house.
- According to a number of customers, the latch connecting the handle to the steam unit is a weak point.
- The cloths tend to stain and start to look a bit dirty after a few cleanings.
This unit is a multi-functional steam cleaner. This pocket mop is a decent one for picking up those occasional messes such as spilled drinks, pet accidents and the likes of them.
- With this unit you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, as this steam mop can be used to mop different household things.
- Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from top to bottom.
- Adjustable modes help you cater the mop’s steam level to your specific needs.
- Uses 100% steam to safely clean and sanitize around children and pets. No chemicals are used.
- Carpet Glide must be purchased separately
- It’s not the easiest to push when it’s wet.
So, according to us and thousands of customers worldwide, these are the best steam mops available for you in the market today. Then which one to buy? You should put your needs first and buy the one that’s more convenient for you.
If you have a combination of wood floors and tile, the Bissell PowerFresh is certainly the most versatile of our recommendations. If you want the most bang out of your bucks, go for the Shark Steam Pocket Mop. And if you’re after multiple functionality, the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop may suit you the best.